Thursday, June 15, 2006

Camera Obscura: "Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken"

And we're back. I'll be doing my best to keep this place up to date, y'hurd.



And what a video this is. The Glasgow-based Camera Obscura comes back with the bubbly "Lloyd, I'm Read To Be Heartbroken". The video, though, is tremendous - it's a throwback to the 1950s, with a simple theme and setup - two dancers through a series of brightly-colored (you might even say technicolored) sets, as we see them knock off a couple of classic films, like "Singing in the Rain". It's all done rather beautifully, down to the use of patterns in the background to the fake plastic grass that's seen everywhere (and cotton candy at one point!).

I think part of the reason I like this video is because it's so simple and it IS such a throwback. I imagine it didn't cost an arm and a leg like so many videos do, and it contrasts a rather sad song with such a gloriously poppy video.



Video: "Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken" - Camera Obscura [iPod Compatible]
{Director: Domingo Gonzalez}